Travel Insurance Coverage for the Ebola Virus
All our travel insurance plans provide coverage if you or your travel companion contract the Ebola virus before or during your travel. Coverage includes trip cancellation, trip interruption, emergency medical treatment, medical evacuation and if you are quarantined. Our travel insurance plans do not include exclusions for epidemics or pandemics.
4 ways the Ebola Virus could affect you and your trip:
- You have Ebola right now, but want to take a trip anyway. I’m not a doctor and I don’t play one on TV, but if I were you, I wouldn’t book a trip until you are cured. Plus, your fellow travelers would appreciate it if you didn’t infect them.
- –> Don’t take a trip. Travel insurance won’t cover you because if you have Ebola you are not fit to travel.
- You’re fine now, but sometime as early as the day after you buy a travel insurance plan from us and before you leave on your trip you, a close family member or a traveling companion gets Ebola.
- –> If your doctor sees you or your traveling companion in person and says you or they can’t travel, cancel all your travel arrangements and file a trip cancellation claim.
- –> If your close family member gets it, and has taken a turn for the worse close to your departure date, you might end up cancelling your trip. Call us and we’ll help you figure this out.
- Sometime during your trip you, a close family member or a traveling companion gets Ebola.
- –> Get immediate medical attention. All our plans plans provide coverage for medical treatment. Plus, quarantine is covered under trip cancellation/interruption and trip delay benefits in the event a physician or government official quarantines the traveler for any illness they have or have been exposed to which prevents traveling.
- –> If your close family member who gets it, and has taken a turn for the worse close to your departure date, you might end up interrupting your trip and returning home early.
- Ebola is everywhere and you’re afraid to go to Wal-Mart. If this happens, I’d skip taking a trip. In spite of this good advice, you find a great deal on a cruise or tour that you just can’t pass up, so you book it right away.
- –> Get a Trip Cancellation plan with Cancel For Any Reason coverage. This way, if you are afraid to go or the government won’t let you travel, you’ll get back 75% of the money you lose.
|Get Cancel For Any Reason coverage when you want to be able to cancel your trip including not wanting to travel because you’re worried about getting sick, click here to see the details.|
From The April 4, 2003 International Herald Tribune: Click here to read the entire article
Travelers worried about contracting SARS on the road may want to check their insurance. Steve Dasseos, who owns the online travel insurance company TripInsuranceStore.com, advises people to find out whether the illness would be covered under the medical portion of their policy, and also to familiarize themselves with exclusions, which can be numerous.
“To avoid any unpleasant surprises, people should definitely find out exactly what coverage the company they are considering will have for SARS,” Dasseos said.
PS - Steve has some Free Gifts & Fun Stuff for you to enjoy just for visiting TripInsuranceStore
Trustworthy Travel Insurance Companies
Can't find what you need? Try TripInsuranceStore.com's Search Page:
|Recommend this page|
PPPS - Even though TripInsuranceStore.com is the world's most informative travel insurance website, you are still responsible to know the coverage terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of your plan. No comments or explanations confirm or deny coverage. You need to refer to each plan's policy wording. Click here to get each plan's complete details of coverage.