It’s the Plans Steve Rejects that Makes TripInsuranceStore.com
the Best Travel Insurance Website
“Trying to get travel insurance on line is too confusing – too many choices. Thanks for pre-screening reputable companies for me. Charles L., Laguna Nigel, California”
Why Does Steve Have Just 9 Pre-screened
& Hand Picked Travel Insurance Companies?
It comes down to the fact that I (Steve) have to be able to sleep at night:
- I do not hide behind the phrase “All of the companies on our website are rated by A.M. Best”. Do you know how many highly ranked companies go bankrupt?
- If you want self-service, no help with claims, no post-sale service, help or advice and the cheapest price, don’t use us.
- It’s so easy to earn money, why would I risk selling travel insurance plans from companies I don’t know well or trust? If you’re ever tempted to think money’s more important than life read Lucius Seneca’s work “On the Shortness of Life”.
- I don’t have a hollow guarantee like “No Complaint Policy”. The truth is that not all travel insurance claims are paid to the customer’s satisfaction. Sometimes the travel insurance company makes a mistake (I have gotten these resolved), but other times it’s not a payable claim. You get our help if you have a claim, too.
- I’ve never had a legitimate claim denied from any of my companies in the 22 years I’ve done this. There are a few reasons, but the main one is that we won’t sell a policy if we don’t think your claim will be paid. Unfortunately, my competitors will take any sale. Their business models know there will be a certain percentage of denied claims and disgruntled customers.
- At the beginning of the pandemic I proactively sent out over 40,000 emails to our customers four times in 2020 (March, June, September and November) telling them exactly what they could do to preserve the value of their Trip Cancellation policies so they didn’t lose the money they had paid. Sadly, none of my competitors did this, so now there are many people who unwittingly lost the money they paid for their now-worthless policies. They are understandably angry and skeptical.
Buying any insurance is a risk. You are trading a known certainty (your hard earned money) for an unknown quantity – the promise of the insurance policy doing what it says it will do. That’s why I pre-screened & selected the plans I feel comfortable representing.
You might say, “That makes sense but you should offer ____.” I (Steve) could have 30 different companies, but it’s as if I have a grocery store with limited shelf space. You may have tasty cookies, but I’m not going to take the Oreos off the shelf in order to test out your cookie. Oreos are proven, while your cookie isn’t.
AIG Travel Guard
Other reasons you won’t find every travel insurance plan on TripInsuranceStore.com:
- You don’t have the time, ability or desire to analyze every possible travel insurance plan. Who needs 250+ plans? Less is more.
- You can’t trust every travel insurance provider – some are like BMWs & others like Yugos.
- You want expert advice – it’s not possible to be an expert in dozens of plans. You can call Deanna, Kim or Steve at 1-888-407-3854 or 816-282-6858 and we will help you.
- You want your travel insurance plan to work without surprises. We often get calls that start with, “I didn’t buy my travel insurance from you, but I’m hoping you can help me…” sometimes we can help them, and we’re happy to do it. Yet it amazes me how many of online comparison sites have no post-sale service.
- Too many choices equal diminishing returns. Take this simple test: Quick – What are the 11 most popular Cola brands?
Over 250 different travel insurance policies are sold online. That’s the bad news. The good news is that you won’t have to wade through them all to find your perfect fit. We spend our time sorting these out so you can enjoy your life.
What it really boils down to is this: TripInsuranceStore.com isn’t a Travel Insurance warehouse. Our customers are intelligent, discriminating travelers who prefer working with experts. Common sense says it’s not possible to be an expert in everything (“Jack of all trades, master of none”).
PPS - Even though TripInsuranceStore.com is the world's most informative travel insurance website, you are still responsible to know the coverage terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of your plan. No comments or explanations confirm or deny coverage. You need to refer to each plan's policy wording.
PPPS - The Trip Cancellation coverage begins at 12:01 a.m. on the day after the date the policy is purchased. All other coverages begin when you leave home for your trip when your departure date is in the future.
|Home | Popular | FAQs | Site Map | Buy | WSJ Rec. Blog | Privacy | Links | Service & Contact|