Our 75% Trip Cancellation for Any Reason Plans Will Cover You If You Don’t Want To Go
“Cancel For Any Reason” (CFAR) is just that – cancelling your entire trip for a reason that is normally not covered (e.g., your doctor says you are at a higher risk of getting the Coronavirus). It’s not “Delay For Any Reason”, nor is it “Change Your Travel Arrangements For Any Reason”.
|If you don’t have CFAR, Don’t Cancel for Your Medical Reasons If You’re Not Ill or Injured: You’re Not Covered|
These Trip Cancellation Travel Insurance plans have the 75% “Cancel For Any Reason” (CFAR) if purchased by the deadline:
- Travel Insured Worldwide Trip Protector if purchased within 21 days after your initial trip payment. Not available to NY residents. See the Travel Insured Worldwide Trip Protector details.
- TravelSafe Classic with 75% CFAR upgrade if purchased within 21 days after your initial trip payment. Not available to NY residents. See the TravelSafe Classic with 75% CFAR upgrade details.
Here are some common trip cancellation reasons that aren’t covered by Travel insurance as a standard reason, yet are covered by a Cancel For Any Reason Plan. Any of these events (and a lot more) are covered by a Cancel For Any Reason Plan:
- You want to cancel your trip because you don’t feel safe at your destination. With the rise of global terrorism or the Coronavirus, there are a lot of places in the world that you may not want to visit.
- Civil Unrest and War. If these are happening at your destination, you probably won’t want to go on your trip, either.
- You just don’t feel right about leaving. Maybe you “just have a feeling” it’s not a good time to go on your trip. Ever had that “feeling” and you were glad you listened to it? I have: I was very close to my Paternal Grandparents. On August 29, 1997 I had a strong feeling I should, without delay, go visit my Grandma who lived 200 miles away. I left immediately and had the best visit I ever had with her! Exactly 2 weeks later she died in her sleep. And, I was privileged to give the eulogy at her funeral.
- You change your mind and don’t want to go on your trip
- You get a new job and your boss won’t let you have the time off
- Your adult children are idiots and their melodramas might cause you to cancel your trip
- Your child or grandchild’s team which is normally in last place is now in the State Championship Finals
- Your already approved vacation comes at a bad time and you know it would be better if you didn’t take your trip
- Even though you and your significant other are “madly in love”, you still want to have a way out (maybe that plants a seed of discord?). More on this below.
All plans require:
- You buy the policy by its deadline (typically within 14 – 21 days after your initial trip payment.
- You insure 100% of your expected prepaid non-refundable trip costs if you got hit by a cement truck on the day you were leaving for your trip and had to cancel at the last minute. There will be no coverage available under the Cancel For Any Reason Benefit if you insure an amount less than your total prepaid trip costs that are non-refundable on your Departure Date.
- You are not disabled from travel at the time you pay your premium
- You insure the entire length of your trip
- You cancel your Trip not less than 48 hours prior to Your Scheduled Departure Date for Travel Insured. TravelSafe‘s deadline is not less than 2 calendar days prior to Your Scheduled Departure Date.
Here’s a drawback with the CFAR coverage:
A trip cancellation claim that is paid under the “Cancel For Any Reason” coverage means that any benefit you would get from cancelling your trip for a covered reason is lost. For example:
The reason the traveler still going on the trip doesn’t get their single supplement costs paid in a claim is because the “Cancel For Any Reason” coverage allowed their former friend to cancel for a not-covered reason. And, not-covered reasons are not-covered.
Ready to Purchase? It's easy and safe to purchase online or over the phone - just call Deanna, Kim or Steve at 888-407-3854 or 507-214-3854.
PS - Read Steve's Blog or you may Subscribe to Steve's blog here
PPS - Even though TripInsuranceStore.com is the world's most informative travel insurance website, you are still responsible to know the coverage terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of your plan. No comments or explanations confirm or deny coverage. You need to refer to each plan's policy wording.
PPPS - The Trip Cancellation coverage begins at 12:01 a.m. on the day after the date the policy is purchased. All other coverages begin when you leave home for your trip when your departure date is in the future.
|Home | Popular | FAQs | Site Map | Buy | Wall Street Journal Recommended Blog | Privacy | Links|