What Does Trip Cancellation Travel Insurance Cover?
Cruise, trip and travel insurance covers losses resulting from sudden and unforeseen perils. Cruise, trip and travel insurance does not cover events that, on the date you buy the insurance, are known to You. If what was expected causes a claim, your claim will not be covered. Just like it’s too late to buy Fire Insurance when your house is on fire.
For example, if you want Pre-Existing Medical Condition coverage, the condition needs to take “a turn for the worse” after you buy your travel insurance. If the pre-existing condition already has taken “a turn for the worse” prior to you buying your Cruise, trip or travel insurance, there won’t be any coverage for anything related to that condition. Read this for more details: “Do Callers Think We Were Born Yesterday?”
Trip Cancellation Travel Insurance gives you back the money you lose if the you can’t leave or are forced to cut your trip short.
Trip Cancellation Travel Insurance plan includes:
- Trip Cancellation coverage:
You, a close family member or a traveling companion gets hurt or sick before you leave (your doctor must say you can’t travel). Travel Insurance reimburses you the money you lose. This includes pre-existing medical conditions. Some of the other events that could cause you to cancel your trip are: Your travel supplier unexpectedly ceases operation, you are laid off, you’re required to work, terrorism at your destination, bad weather, hurricanes, natural disasters or unexpected jury duty.
- Trip Interruption coverage:
You, a close family member or a traveling companion gets hurt or sick while you’re on your trip and you have to return home early. Nearly all the same reasons you would cancel your trip are covered as a trip interruption. Travel Insurance reimburses you the unused value of your trip plus pays the cost of one-way airfare up to the plan’s limit.
- Emergency Medical & Evacuation coverage:
You get hurt (ie – hit by a cement truck) or sick on your trip. Travel Insurance reimburses you your medical expenses including emergency medical transportation. Did you know that Medicare doesn’t cover you outside the USA?
- A Trip Delay forces you to have extra accommodation expenses
- Your luggage is delayed, lost, stolen or damaged. If your checked luggage doesn’t arrive within 12 or 24 hours after you do, you can be reimbursed for items you need to buy. Or if it’s damaged or never arrives, you can be covered.
- Or you can get a “Cancel For Any Reason” plan to cover any possible reason to cancel your trip including: you change your mind, you’re afraid to travel, you just don’t want to go.
Here are the typical events Travel Insurance covers:
- You, your companion or a family member has a medical emergency or dies
- You need emergency transportation / evacuation
- You’re laid off from your job of at least 1 years’ employment
- Your travel supplier unexpectedly ceases operation
- Bad weather
- Lost, stolen or damaged luggage
- Your trip is delayed, cancelled or interrupted due to an unexpected strike.
- A city you’re visiting has a terrorist incident
- Cruise ship sicknesses
- A plane crash
PS - Steve has some Free Gifts & Fun Stuff for you to enjoy just for visiting TripInsuranceStore
Trustworthy Travel Insurance Companies
Can't find what you need? Try TripInsuranceStore.com's Search Page:
|Recommend this page|
PPPS - Even though TripInsuranceStore.com is the world's most informative travel insurance website, you are still responsible to know the coverage terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of your plan. No comments or explanations confirm or deny coverage. You need to refer to each plan's policy wording. Click here to get each plan's complete details of coverage.