Who Can Get The Rental Car CDW Plan?

by Steve Dasseos on October 26, 2007

I live in Thailand and only return at Christmas each year to visit my Dad. I do have an California Drivers License though. Can I get your Rental Car Collision Damage Waiver Plan? Thanks, Jeff

What do you think? Since Jeff has a valid California Drivers License, does he qualify as a US resident?

If you said, “No, he can’t get it” you are correct! Jeff’s ineligible because he has to physically reside in the US for 6 months before getting the Collision Damage Waiver Plan.

I hope this makes sense. If you want the right travel insurance advice, call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we'll help you figure it all out.

Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (Travel Forums' Most Recommended Travel Insurance Website)

PS - If you liked what you read, please Subscribe to my Blog.

Previous post:

Next post: