Frequent fliers: No more free ride
As I’ve written in previous posts (Happy Valentine’s Day From Your Frequent Flier Accounts and Airlines Have New Frequent Flier Fees) the airline are making it more expensive to redeem your Frequent Flier miles.
Now, today 9/8/08, Aaron Smith, CNNMoney.com staff writer wrote a good article on what effect the higher oil prices are having on the fees to cash in your Frequent Flier miles:
“As a struggling airline industry looks for new ways to alleviate high fuel costs, it is becoming increasingly difficult for passengers to cash in miles and expect them to cover the cost of a ticket.
On Sept. 15, Northwest Airlines (NWA, Fortune 500) is set to impose fuel surcharges on its WorldPerks frequent flier program, including fees of $25 within North America, $50 for trans-Atlantic flights, $100 for trans-Pacific, $75 for flights within Asia and the South Pacific, and $50 for all other itineraries.
If you’re traveling with Frequent Flier miles, go here to find out how travel insurance can cover your trip.
PS - If you liked what you read, please subscribe to my Blog. You can also add us to your Google Plus.
Too busy planning your trip to research travel insurance? As you are planning your trip you will realize how much you still have to learn about trip insurance. You are learning useful travel insurance information at TripInsuranceStore.com and are wondering when it will all click. We can help you. Call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we'll help you, too.
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (the Most Exclusive, Informative & Friendliest Travel Insurance Comparison Site)
- Save your time & money with 6 pre-screened companies (you don't need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service from Deanna, Becky, Kim or Steve at 1-888-407-3854. Or email us.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you'll fit right in. If you'd rather not get to know us, you'll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee