Can a Canadian and US Resident Be On The Same Travel Insurance Policy?

by Steve Dasseos on June 19, 2008

My mother and I are traveling together. My main point of confusion is how to set up the insurance since my mother is a Canadian resident and I am a US resident. Do we need to purchase separate policies? Shannon

Thanks Shannon for the good question. You’ll need to get separate policies. That’s because each Travel Insurance Policy is filed with the Insurance Department in every US State or Canadian Province it’s offered for sale.

Generally, the plans are the same in all the States or Provinces they are sold, but sometimes there are subtle differences that could make a policy claim complicated at best. Or completely denied at worst.

Plus, not all policies are available to everyone. Of the 6 companies we offer, Canadians can only get one of the companies TravelSafe).

I hope this makes sense. If you want the right travel insurance advice, call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we'll help you figure it all out.

Now, a word from our sponsor: (Travel Forums' Most Recommended Travel Insurance Website)

PS - If you liked what you read, please Subscribe to my Blog.

Previous post:

Next post: