I received this call yesterday (8/25/11):
Caller: I need travel insurance that will help me if there’s bad weather. Especially if the place we’re going is damaged.
Steve: Where are you going?
Caller: South Carolina
Steve: When are you going?
Caller: Leaving on August 31st
Steve: No, nothing will cover you due to Hurricane Irene
Caller: I really want coverage in case another storm follows the same path
Steve: Is anything forecast?
Caller: Not as far as I know
Steve: I’ll look at NOAA’s website. Look at what I found:
I discovered that there’s something called “Tropical Depression TEN” that could be an issue. I advised him to not waste his money on travel insurance since nothing forecast is covered.
That’s not the answer he wanted. He reasoned with me for 20 minutes, but the answer was still the same. And, I’m sure he can find one of my competitors who are happy to take (steal) his money. However, as I say on TripInsuranceStore.com:
This is important – While anyone will sell you travel insurance at the last minute, claims under bad weather coverage from known events are not covered. If you’re traveling soon and bad weather is forecast or known, you will not be covered for bad weather if you’re getting your travel insurance today. That’s because the bad weather isn’t an unforeseen event.
Take a look at this link to see more about Bad Weather coverage: https://tripinsurancestore.com/travel-insurance-bad-weather-and-natural-disaster-coverage/
I hope this makes sense. If you want the right travel insurance advice, call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we'll help you figure it all out.
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (Travel Forums' Most Recommended Travel Insurance Website)
- Save your time & money with 9 pre-screened companies (you don't need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service from Deanna, Becky, Kim or Steve at 1-888-407-3854. Or email us.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you'll fit right in. If you'd rather not get to know us, you'll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee