This is new to me but we are renting a condo next year in Florida for a total of $6,000. There is no cancellation clause in the lease, which we have’t signed yet. Is there any kind of protection we can buy in case of cancellation? We don’t plan on it, but you never know. Sherry
Travel insurance covers prepaid and nonrefundable trip costs. Since the owner isn’t asking for a deposit, then you won’t have any prepaid non-refundable trip costs to cover.
In addition, since there’s no wording that specifically states the dollar amount of money that you would lose for forfeit if you left early, then as the agreement stands there isn’t any trip cost that you can cover with travel insurance.
I suspect that the owner thinks his wording clearly states that you are obligated to pay all or part of the $6,000 for the rental. However, I don’t think a travel insurance company will agree with the owner based on the wording you sent me.
Too busy planning your trip to research travel insurance?
As you are planning your trip you will realize how much you still have to learn about trip insurance. You are learning useful travel insurance information at TripInsuranceStore.com and are wondering when it will all click. We can help you. Call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we’ll help you, too.
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (the Most Exclusive, Informative & Friendliest Travel Insurance Comparison Site)
- Save your time & money with 6 pre-screened companies (you don’t need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service from Deanna, Becky, Kim or Steve at 1-888-407-3854 (US, Canada). Or email.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you’ll fit right in. If you’d rather not get to know us, you’ll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee