Don’t miss this celestial treat early Wednesday, April 22nd:
Early risers in North America are in for a treat on the morning of Wednesday, April 22nd, when the waning crescent Moon passes in front of the brilliant crescent Venus. Source: Sky & Telescope
The apparent path of Venus behind the Moon on April 22, 2009, depends on where you are. The local horizon is approximately downward; celestial north is to the upper left.
Observers in the western U.S. have an opportunity to see Venus perform a rare disappearing act. Known as an “occultation”, the event will occur as the Moon’s eastward orbital motion carries it in front of the silvery-white planet, temporarily hiding it from view. As seen from Los Angeles, Venus will disappear behind the crescent Moon during morning twilight at 05:06 PDT. The planet will reappear shortly before sunrise at 05:57 PDT.
I hope this makes sense. If you want the right travel insurance advice, call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we'll help you figure it all out.
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (Travel Forums' Most Recommended Travel Insurance Website)
- Save your time & money with 9 pre-screened companies (you don't need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service at 1-888-407-3854. Or email us.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you'll fit right in. If you'd rather not get to know us, you'll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee