What is Medical Tourism?
Medical Tourism is where people who live in one country travel to another country to receive medical, dental and surgical care at a significant savings.
There are many destinations that provide equal to or greater care than the traveler would have in their own country. The savings can be as much as 70 percent compared to the prices in the United States or the European Union.
To give you an idea of the efforts being made to promote medical tourism, take a look at this article from The New Indian Express last week (7/7/11): Medical tourism: Sweet pill for Kerala.
So, it should come as no surprise that Medical Tourism is one of the fastest growing segments of the travel industry.
And, as you can imagine, anyone traveling for medical reasons is naturally concerned about covering their pre-existing condition. Unfortunately, travel insurance doesn’t cover any trip where the purpose of the trip is to obtain medical treatment.
This exclusion applies to every part of a travel insurance policy. For example, there’s no coverage for medical treatment, trip cancellation, travel delay, baggage, trip interruption, etc. if the purpose of your trip is to obtain medical treatment.
I hope this makes sense. If you want the right travel insurance advice, call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we'll help you figure it all out.
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (Travel Forums' Most Recommended Travel Insurance Website)
- Save your time & money with 9 pre-screened companies (you don't need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service at 1-888-407-3854. Or email us.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you'll fit right in. If you'd rather not get to know us, you'll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee