My husband and I are 62. We have not purchased tickets yet. We wanted more information on travel insurance. The tickets will probably run around $400 each. We live in Kentucky. The travel dates will be November 4 – 6. Our destination is Seattle, WA. Our idiot son is planning to be married on November 5 and is in the military. The last thing he said once I got the date straight was, “oh yeah make sure you purchase travel insurance since I am in the Army and they could cancel my trip”. So we need to be able to cancel in case he does. How much would our total cost run based on the information you have and how much would we be able to recover. Thank you for any information you could give me.
Thanks to some feedback from Deanna (more proof that it’s worth only hiring smart people), I am adding to this Blog post. And, I let the people know too.
Here’s what I wrote back:
Thanks for visiting TripInsuranceStore.com and writing.
Travel insurance won’t cover you if the Army cancels your son’s trip.
However, if his previously granted military leave is cancelled because he is being called into active military service to provide aid or relief in the event of a natural disaster, this is a covered reason to cancel your trip with many of my plans.
His leave must be approved prior to your coverage becoming effective. If his leave is cancelled for that covered reason, official written revocation notice from his commanding officer will be required documentation as part of your claim.
I hope this makes sense. If you want the right travel insurance advice, call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we'll help you figure it all out.
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (Travel Forums' Most Recommended Travel Insurance Website)
- Save your time & money with 9 pre-screened companies (you don't need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service at 1-888-407-3854. Or email us.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you'll fit right in. If you'd rather not get to know us, you'll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee