A Collision Damage Waiver covers damage to your rental car and “Loss of Use” coverage for cars (not trucks, not passenger vans, not exotic vehicles, not off road vehicles). You’re covered on a per calendar day, not per person basis.
Most Rental Car Collision Damage Waiver plans cover repair of the rental car’s physical damage and Daily “Loss of Use” charges while the vehicle’s being repaired. A Collision Damage Waiver is not Liability nor Medical coverage – it does not cover damage to property or injuries:
If you’re driving and hit a deer, your car will be damaged, but the deer won’t sue you. A Rental Car Collision Damage Waiver will pay for:
1. The rental car’s damage and
2. Daily “Loss of Use” charges while the car’s being repaired
If you’re driving and hit a Police Car (uh-oh), your car will be damaged, the Police Car will be damaged and, at best the Police Officer will just have minor injuries.
A Rental Car Collision Damage Waiver will not pay for the property damage, personal injury nor liability. Either:
1. Your own Auto Insurance will cover property damage & liability, or
2. Get property damage and liability coverage from the rental car agency.
Go here to get more information:
I hope this makes sense. If you want the right travel insurance advice, call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we'll help you figure it all out.
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (Travel Forums' Most Recommended Travel Insurance Website)
- Save your time & money with 9 pre-screened companies (you don't need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service at 1-888-407-3854. Or email us.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you'll fit right in. If you'd rather not get to know us, you'll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee