I’m a natural skeptic. Ever heard that if you put a nail or a quarter in Coke or Pepsi (or any other cola) the carbonic acid will corrode it in just a few days? I heard that too. So in 2002 I finally got around to testing it.
Nothing happened! Not after a day, a week nor a month. The nail & quarter looked brand new. This caused me to chastise myself for accepting a premise without testing it out. Not surprisingly, every fitness / health expert I’ve told this to since has refused to accept what I found.
I used to drink a lot of soda pop. A few years ago I realized that this contributed to my weight, so I switched to some diet pop and more water. Thankfully, you can still have fun with Diet Coke. And, in case you missed it, here’s the truth about “Vitamin Waters”.
10 Diseases Linked To Soda Pop
Source: Dr. Mercola
Statistics shows that Americans drink more soda than ever before. They account for more than 25 percent of all drinks consumed in the United States. More than 15 billion gallons were sold in 2000 — about one 12-ounce can per day for every man, woman and child.
But here’s some information that may keep you away from opening the can:
1. Extra pounds – Soda pop is a significant contributor to obesity.
2. Liver damage – Soda pop damages your liver.
3. Tooth decay – Soda pop dissolves tooth enamel.
4. Kidney stones and chronic kidney disease – Colas of all kinds are well known for their high phosphoric acid content, a substance that changes the urine in a way that promotes kidney stone formation.
5. Diabetes – Anything that promotes weight gain increases the risk of diabetes.
6. Heartburn & acid reflux – Heavy consumption of soda is a strong predictor of heartburn.
7. Soft drinks = Soft Bones = Osteoporosis
8. Hypertension (high blood pressure)
9. Heart disease – Heavy soda drinkers are more likely to develop risk factors for heart disease.
10. Impaired digestion (gastrointestinal distress)
I hope this makes sense. If you want the right travel insurance advice, call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we'll help you figure it all out.
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (Travel Forums' Most Recommended Travel Insurance Website)
- Save your time & money with 9 pre-screened companies (you don't need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service at 1-888-407-3854. Or email us.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you'll fit right in. If you'd rather not get to know us, you'll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee