Is It Worth Buying Trip Insurance For a Domestic Flight (in the USA)? The answer depends on what kind of a trip are you taking:
|Examples of why You Should or Should Not get Trip Cancellation Travel Insurance for your Domestic Flight:|
|Your flight is part of a larger trip that has more prepaid trip costs. ie – Flying en route to a cruise, tour or lodging (or any combination or these).||Yes, get travel insurance. You don’t want to lose all that money if you are forced to cancel or interrupt your trip. And, if you need pre-existing medical conditions coverage most plans require you to include this cost.|
|You made a mistake and bought the wrong plane ticket. You don’t want to pay the change fee to change the travel dates.||No, don’t get travel insurance. Your mistake is not covered.|
|You bought a plane ticket and now there’s some not normally covered potential reason you will cancel at least 2 days before your departure date.||Yes. Get a policy with Cancel For Any Reason. If you change your mind, you’re afraid to travel, you just don’t want to go, etc. You’ll only get 75% of your money back, but it’s better than nothing.|
|You bought a plane ticket in the last few days and now there’s bad weather forecast. You want someone else to pay your extra costs if your flight is cancelled or delayed.||No, don’t get travel insurance. You won’t be covered. Read this to see what I mean: Do Callers Think We Were Born Yesterday?|
|You bought a plane ticket to a destination you will never go back to if you cancelled your trip for not normally covered reason.||Yes. Get a policy with Cancel For Any Reason. If you don’t want the credit from the airline to have to reuse within a year. You’ll only get 75% of your money back, but it’s better than nothing.|
I hope this makes sense. If you want the right travel insurance advice, call us at 1-888-407-3854 and we'll help you figure it all out.
Now, a word from our sponsor: TripInsuranceStore.com (Travel Forums' Most Recommended Travel Insurance Website)
- Save your time & money with 9 pre-screened companies (you don't need 100+ travel or cruise insurance plans).
- You get personalized service from Deanna, Becky, Kim or Steve at 1-888-407-3854. Or email us.
- Do you want a relationship with your travel insurance supplier? If so, you'll fit right in. If you'd rather not get to know us, you'll still find everything you need to get the right travel insurance plan.
- Get side-by-side plan & price comparisons
- You get our exclusive Smile of Satisfaction Money Back Guarantee